Saturday, August 28, 2010

leaf gathering

With August winding down I'm ready for fall and everything that goes with it. I've been thinking about some DIY ideas involving leaves. Nothing says fall like leaves. So this morning Curt and I went on a leaf collecting adventure. Well, not so much an adventure as a walk around the yard. I gathered leaves from our trees then started creating. A few months ago my aunt gave me some mirrors and said, "I bet you could do something with these." Does she know me or what? So I took one of the said mirrors, a smattering of jars and vases (all of which were D.I. finds) and viola!

Isn't that the perfect centerpiece? I added a little water to each vase to make it last longer. I just think it looks so crisp and fresh.


I absolutely love the reflection from the mirror, it really adds another dimension.





It was so easy and fun. I'm already thinking about how great it will look in the winter using evergreen branches. So if you're in need of an easy, fresh look, give it a try.



In other news, I painted my front door. I've been thinking about doing it for months, but haven't been able to decide on a color. I finally decided on a color that I absolutely love, turquoise. Verdict? I love it. It's bright and utterly fantastic!

I need to get a new doorknob, but other than that, it looks great!

To keep the leaf creativity going, I cut some branches from one of our trees and made this wreath. I love how the deep red looks against the turquoise.


Well, that wraps up my saturday adventures. Until next time.

6 comments:

Staci said...

love love love love!!! can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

You're so cute! I love everything that you do!

Q said...

There is no end to your creativity! Love the centerpiece and the door too.

Diane Denning said...

Very creative! I am impressed. You are like the next Martha Stewart! I think I might follow suit with the wreath.

ali.j said...

I can't wait to see how the centerpiece looks in fall colors! It is awesome. Plus, I think the door is perfect. Now, when you say you " made" the wreath, exactly how does one do that? I am having visions of twist ties, but somehow I don't think that's right.

JBA said...

Hit up Hobby Lobby in Logan (or wherever else they may be located at). They had some killer door knobs in their store the other day and so much cheaper than Anthropologie!