Thursday, November 4, 2010

i {heart} acorns!

Happy November to all! I took my halloween down this week and did a little Thanksgiving decorating. I really didn't have Thanksgiving decor so I decided to gather some natural elements to fill the empty spaces until Christmas decorating begins. (which, to be perfectly honest, will probably be in a couple weeks.) First of all, I want to thank my good friend Robyn for being my acorn supplier. I am totally in love these cute little nuts!


I gathered pine cones from the yard & put on the mantle...


Filled a jar with some indian corn...


Found a russian website with a tutorial on how to make roses out of maple leaves. Luckily, for me, the pictures were a good enough guide so I didn't need to bring in an interpreter. Aren't these great?!




Whipped up a little centerpiece...


I just hung some acorns on an aspen branch and stuck it in a vase with acorns...


More pine cones....


Little wood chips in a jar...


And that pretty much does it. I love how simple it all is. Seems perfect for Thanksgiving.



I {heart} acorns!




While I was snapping some pics, I found this little fuzz face in the chair and couldn't resist. Boy, she's cute.



1 comments:

Diane Denning said...

You are so creative. I am very impressed!