Saturday, June 27, 2009

color obsession

Turquoise. Aquamarine. Caribbean blue. Cyan. Whatever you call it, I can't get enough. I am sick with lust for all things turquoise. If you asked me a month ago how I felt about the color turquoise, I would've said I liked it just fine. But all that has changed. I blame my china hutch and my decision to paint it turquoise about a month ago. It was an ugly dark brown and I thought, "hey a fun aqua/ turquoise color would look great." And it does. I love it! Here's a picture of it, I wish I would've taken a before picture too. Oh well. All you need to know is that is was ugly ugly ugly. 


Now, everything turquoise or aqua colored I see, I want. Especially if it's furniture or home decor. Just a few other fantastic turquoise internet finds. 

I want this coatrack to put in my foyer.

Anyone who knows me, knows I have an affinity for dishes. I would love to add this one to my collection.
 I also have a slight obsession with pots. Oh how I love them.

You can't have too many cute pillows.



Do you have any color obsessions?



8 comments:

Staci said...

inspired me. i'm obsessed right now with the color yellow. go look at my blog.

Unknown said...

Each day, I'm feeling more and more pressured into painting myself a turquoise color to blend in with our new decor.

Unknown said...

I really don't have any color obsessions, I'm just grateful for the ones that I see correctly!

Q said...

The good thing is that turquoise goes so well with some of your other favorite colors, especially orange and brown! I like the hutch.

Nikki said...

My color obsession is RED!!!!Imagine that! But I love your turquoise been thinking about painting my bedroom that color! Maybe that would be too much. I have missed ya were ya been?

Ashlee said...

Yes I have color obsession's, plural. I have been loving turquoise lately as well, hey Nik I didn't know you wanted to paint your room that color too! Great minds think alike. Oh no, that is too much info now everybody will change. Ah well to each his own. I love all sorts of colors, green blue and brown have been my favs lately!

ali.j said...

Curt wins the award for funniest comment on this post. The hutch looks FANTASTIC... when do we get to see the table, chairs, and office furniture?

Phat Bri said...

I'm sick with lust for all things red or is it green? Ask Curtis. He knows my obsession. Brad knows my obsession better than anyone, in Brad voice, "Hey mom, does this tie go with these pants?" (remember to say it in Bradley voice out loud for best results)