Friday, January 18, 2008

and the winner is....

The winner for slowest afternoon ever....goes to Friday, January 18th! After careful consideration and rigorous testing, my co-worker, Amos, and I have declared that today is the slowest afternoon we have seen since the last slow afternoon. Fortunately, like all slow afternoons, they will eventually come to an end. However, I must give friday an honorable mention due to the fact that it is the beginng of the weekend. There is no better time of the week than friday night. On friday night, there isn't even a hint of monday, it doesn't exist. Saturday rolls in and monday is lurking around the corner like a shady used car salesman. By the time sunday gets here it is completely tainted with monday. It's so saturated with monday-ness that, at times, is hard to enjoy the full benefits that sunday has to offer. Curtis and I have offend talked about adding another day in between sunday and monday that, of course, would be part of the weekend. With the help of our nephew, Cameron, we've decided that Lasterday would be the perfect name for it. On a final note, today is National Winnie The Pooh Day. We will be celebrate it with Paulison by eating delicious pooh corner treats, watching the Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, and trying to find where Eeyore has misplaced his tail. So enjoy and TTFN.

2 comments:

Colby said...

Wow, I am sooo glad that I don't have to work on Friday afternoons anymore! You never know which is best...having it be real slow, or crazy busy. I agree that Monday's are the worst, but to add to it, I have to open! Hope you have a great weekend!
(This is Laurie, by the way. I guess I am logged in under Colby's "identity")

Ashlee said...

I am so glad to see your blog. It is a fun way to get up to date, huh. You and Curtis completely crack me up. How was winnie the pooh night? Kenna and Boston would have loved to come. I didn't know about the national day for that silly old bear! Ask Curt to let me know what an internet coach is! It is great to hear from you, and miss you tons. luv
Ash